Layers of my Blog:

Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Day: French Toast and the Temple. That's a Wrap, People!!

So....though I did have classes and I was running around like crazy, it was a pretty good day. I seriously bumped into everyone-under-the-sun from my old apartment. I can't even believe it's been almost a month and a half--some days I can believe that it really HAS been that long, (and some) but on a general scale, time is moving pretty quickly. 

I have to say though, that the best part of my day was first going to the temple. I'm back on my weekly track, and life is so much better. Truly, just those few moments impact your entire life. I walked up to the doors, and the big pool's fountain was shut off so you could see a crystal-clear reflection of the temple and the sun lighting up the glass, in the fountain. Then as I got closer I saw that crazy girl, in the doors, and I have to smile, because this is where she belongs, and the reason she does everything she does--to be worthy to return to her Heavenly Father someday. 


I had an interesting thought this trip to the temple. Being at BYU, and young......and more importantly, single, I obviously wonder every blue moon, when I'll meet my man--my best friend.  (Please note, that I am in no rush, and I am leaving the timing to Him who knows all) Really though, I have learned to not sit and try to profile every guy walking down the street, but to just keep going the direction I need to go, meet people, and some day, there will be someone going the same direction. But this is the amazing part--the closer I grow to my Heavenly Father and Savior, the closer I am to my husband; even though I have no idea what makes him laugh, or his favorite food, or the sound of his voice, or what he even looks like, or how it feels to say his name! It's because when you're searching for someone who is close to Christ, and you too, are close to the Savior, then as people spiritually in tune, you'll both be guided by the Spirit when the time comes. That doesn't mean just sit on the front steps of the temple, and wait--you have to figure out who you are and the entirety of the definition of you with the help of Heavenly Father. Will we reach that level of perfection within a year--most definitely not. In a lifetime? Well, that is what we strive for. :) 

It never ceases to amaze me how as soon as I put one more thing in His hands and say that I am A) Ok to trust that it will work out, and B)  willing to work and do whatever necessary to come closer to my Savior, then it is an understatement to say that the "windows of heaven are opened."  As soon as I reach that point, I rediscover that the Lord was simply waiting for me to be ready, but knew that I had to make that decision, whether it was discouragement, disappointment, a dream, or forgiving myself. He was simply waiting for me. 

Well, I need to say goodnight. I have one of those days that is almost booked to the minute, and I'm not quite at 100% yet. But before I leave, let me leave you with the latest addition to the definition of me--maybe my latest and greatest discovery. ;) 

I write love letters. Now before anyone goes, "HEY!! HOLD THE PHONE!!" let me explain. First off, I love letters and mail, and surprisingly, I've never done the whole missionary writing thing, or had long time pen palls, but still I (the magic of a mailbox is a post coming soon : ) ) enjoy how letters are like pieces of their sender, that you can read over and over again, and always look back on. So, I was in the bookstore and found these postcards. Needless to say, I now enjoy my detour in the morning, to the mailbox. (But only family gets a lipstick kiss.... : ) Truly, it is the best part of my day. getting up, writing a note to someone, and sending it off, knowing they have no idea it is coming. It's so simple, but I just love it! 

Well, anyways, I REALLY need to go to bed now, but for those who read my blog, thank you. :) 
Lots of love, 
Tayler 

No comments:

Post a Comment