Layers of my Blog:

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Crazy Girl


I don't know if it's a good thing that I laugh when I see this photo, but I can't help but chuckle when I see this--I needed something good to send home, and this is what I ended up with :) (I would call this--crazy girl)

Well, it has most certainly been a crazy week for this crazy girl. But you know what? It's a Friday night, and I can't complain.

The inspiration for this post comes from a two-hour conversation I had with this really incredible guy on campus. I apologize that it is simply a solid summary, but I was so very impressed that I didn't want to leave anything out. (Laugh  of the day--I now have a half sun-burned/maybe tanning face, because the sun was only beating down on the left side of me that whole time..... ) We had the most amazing, deep conversation I've ever had with someone I knew that little.(But now, know a lot more) Somehow we jumped around from what our families were like, their struggles/our struggles, the terrifying side of dating, and everything we want/the realities of being married people some day. We talked about how people think they get to ride into the sunset on their wedding day, and proudly proclaim that they will live happily ever after, but in reality, they are just beginning one of the most challenging, and testing, yet rewarding chapters of their life. But we then talked about how meeting and choosing your spouse is the most important thing you will ever do, because there will come a time when parents are gone, siblings aren't near, friends will be distant or slowly fade out, and even your kids will take off and make their own decisions, and all you will have is your eternal best friend if you have created that relationship. 
And still it continued.......We went on to talk about how we want to have creative family home evenings, and family scripture study, and a place where everyone is learning. At one point, he turned to me and asked, "if you could have any one thing in your house some day, and we'll assume you have the Book of Mormon, etc. :) what would it be?" My answer was a porch swing--for taking a minute to sit and take in the moment. I turned the answer around, and he got so animated as he talked about this amazing library he has definitely put a lot of thought into. It felt good to dream for a moment. 
We took turns trying to describe ourselves--if you ask him, I honestly never even got a good answer out. That is so much harder than you'd think. We continued to talk about how there are those few people we get the chance to meet in life, where you feel like you can be 100%, you, and somehow they just understand. Even more so, we talked about how your spouse truly is your anchor. I listened as he continued to the fact that even though he was going to school, and obtaining a degree to gain a steady, and good-paying job, at the end of the day it boils down to being able to support a family--not entertain, and spoil, but support. I then turned the conversation towards the idea of an MRS. degree, and how sadly, some women don't feel the need to finish their education. (there are definitely situations where this would possibly make sense, but very few)  I explained that as pessimistic as it may be, I am such a firm believer in gaining an education because as hard and torturous it would be to lose your spouse, or even divorce, life would have to continue, and there would need to be a way to provide for your family. Then next thing he said, blew me out of the water. he first completely agreed with me, then added that he felt a woman's education is possibly even more important that a man's because she is the one with the children all the time, and shaping them into what they will become. He added that both parents play a huge role, but at the end of the day, she will have an incredible impact. I loved what he continued with, "My wife will be smarted that me, but she won't even know it. Degrees and certificates don't mean a level of intelligence (I'm paraphrasing here) but she will have her own opinions and thoughts."
I have never thought of education in that light, and sat there a little bit shocked--he had just nailed it. 

And as incredible as all of this was, the part of the conversation that really left an impression on me started with us laughing about how we both used to be so confused about being told to "marry up" because logically, then someone would have to "marry down."  Really though, does that even make sense?! But then is was quiet for a minute, and he said that he will wonder again and again how he ended up with his wife, because she will be more than he felt he could ever deserve. My response was that she will wake up every morning, and go to bed every night, wondering how she could be so blessed, and so grateful that you he found her. 

After two hours of talking, it is hard to recall where within the conversation this came up, but we were talking about how when life would be hard, but you just look at your spouse, tell them you love them, and say that you know what--tomorrow is a new day. he then asked, "You keep up with country, right?" Mind you, I was actually wearing my boots at the moment :) "You know the song, 'Crazy Girl?'"  I had to smile, because i was very familiar with the song, and in all honesty, that is exactly what you want--that person that loves you no matter what, no matter how crazy you are, nor how crazy life gets. 

So, when I sat down tonight to write, I put on Pandora, and "Crazy Girl" came on. I had to smile and figured my topic couldn't be any clearer. 

For your enjoyment, here is the song: 



But before I leave tonight, I have to say that I can't wait to someday find my Crazy Guy, for this Crazy Girl. That's why you hold onto who you are, and learn to laugh, and learn to trust in Heavenly Father's timing, and Heavenly Father's plan. 



Well, goodnight, and lots of love, 
Tayler 



No comments:

Post a Comment