I was thinking a lot about how we all have the same amount of time within a day, but how we spend it determines what our life will look like. As you can see it is rather cold and snowy day, but it is absolutely beautiful!! I am serious, today is going to be a good day. It will be overflowing with studying, but that is a very good thing too.
In a few hours I get to see a friend off at the MTC. And she will head off to take on her mission for 18 months in New York, New York. I am SOOOOOO excited for her!!
If you think about it though, how crazy is that, that she like a billion other 18-21 year-olds set aside that much time, to go and teach the gospel! Why? Well, I haven't gone myself so I have to watch what I say, but the reason for sacrificing time to something--anything in life--is because it is worth it. I've decided that when I look back on my life, I want to say, yes, I lived. When I say I've lived I mean that I have helped others, grown closer to my savior, grown up, and enjoyed the little things in life; I've actually stopped to smell the roses. (or hot chocolate--it smells pretty good too)
About a month ago, I made an "actually living" list, or recipe for stopping and enjoying life, beyond just enduring. It looked a little like this:
(they aren't in any specific order)
Every Day:
1. Run, dance, or do yoga
2. Give a compliment
3. Smile
4. Scripture Study
5. Stretch
6. Sit and read for 15 minutes
7. Drink WATER!
Once a Week:
1. Try a new recipe
2. Go Hot tubing with friends
3. Write a letter
4. Get the camera out
5. Go to the temple
6. I would now have to include blogging...
7. Get the Guitar and Ukulele out
8. Paint my toenails
All-in-all, I haven't been doing an incredible job at following it, but I have noticed that just by having it, I set aside time to enjoy the moments.
This Monday, I picked a cookbook and made a new recipe: Shepherd's Pie with Butternut Squash.(150 Healthiest Comfort Foods) I have to say, for a first run, and a random pick, it was pretty good, and I now have three more dinners in the freezer. :)
I've also been stopping to read( not every day, but pretty often) and jump between the few books above. I have to stick my name in them because people borrow them and I have to track it down!!
I'm really bad at working out every day, but I do trek it to my classes, and for the last 48 hours it has been in the snow.
That would be my jeans hanging over the shower curtain rod so they can dry. You can't see it, but they were soaked 6-8 inches up the pant leg.....you better believe I threw on some sweats, and clean socks when I got home! :) BBRRRRRRR!!!!
Well, pretty much, I've been trying to hit everything, but ironically life gets in the way. But, at the end of the day (at least today) I have toenails that were painted red today, I will have read my scriptures, smiled, drank plenty of water :), written a letter, a put up this blog post. So, I guess I'm on my way. :)
Before you go, here's today's yellow note from my front door:
And as we wrap it all up, here are two soundtracks that have been today's background music in Tayler's world, Love Ya!!
Tayler






No comments:
Post a Comment