Layers of my Blog:

Monday, December 2, 2013

He Needs You to Know

When I checked my Facebook this morning, the first thing on my news feed was this:

The other night I was reading in Doctrine and Covenants 122. The following passages really stood out to me:


If that doesn't take you to it, here are the verses:
5 "If thou art called to pass through atribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in bperils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea;
 If thou art aaccused with all manner of false accusations; if thine enemies fall upon thee; if they tear thee from the society of thy father and mother and brethren and sisters; and if with a drawn sword thine enemies tear thee from the bosom of thy wife, and of thine offspring, and thine elder son, although but six years of age, shall cling to thy garments, and shall say, My father, my father, why can’t you stay with us? O, my father, what are the men going to do with you? and if then he shall be thrust from thee by the sword, and thou be dragged to bprison, and thine enemies prowl around thee like cwolves for the blood of the lamb;
 And if thou shouldst be cast into the apit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the bdeep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to chedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of dhell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give theeeexperience, and shall be for thy good.
 The aSon of Man hath bdescended below them all. Art thou greater than he?
 Therefore, ahold on thy way, and the priesthood shall bremain with thee; for their cbounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy ddays are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore,efear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever."
We all have trials, but we each have very specific and personal ones. Think of one, and where the words all these things are, put your specific trial in, and read it again. 
It may not seem like it, and I am trying to convince myself every day of the truth in it, but all of the trials we will face, are conquerable, and will shape us into the people heavenly Father sees as our potential. Many trials seem impossible to overcome--major illnesses, a death, those things that are irreversible. How is it then, that we can conquer these mountains when there are essentially permanent, and life will forever be changed? 
To conquer or overcome (I do and don't like using the word conquer because it means to gain control of, which after we do all we can, we have to put it in His hands, but essentially, we have to take control of and face the trial as well.) Means to essentially, grow from it, and continue growing closer to Him through it. There are so many other aspects to it as well, but in the big picture, that is the gist. 
This is the angle I would like to show you tonight though--as humans we are often very critical, specifically with ourselves. We need to look at our Heavenly Father and Savior's definition of overcoming and facing our trials. 
 “Many of the lessons we are to learn in mortality can only be received through the things we experience and sometimes suffer. And God expects and trusts us to face temporary mortal adversity with His help so we can learn what we need to learn and ultimately become what we are to become in eternity.” Elder David A. Bednar (A member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints)
Conquering our trials may often be simply getting out of bed, and putting a smile on your face. Especially when life is at its darkest, often all He asks of us is to keep moving, keep trying, and trust. I find the latter often the hardest, because when you're looking at life as if on paper, the numbers often simply don't add up, and it all seems impossible. But, somehow, I can honestly say that when He puts or lets those trials into our lives, he always, always, always, without fail, prepares a way for us. That way may be a smiling face that says hello tomorrow, or that scripture that jumps off the page, and touches your heart, but no matter what, there is a way. 
I think this says it perfectly:

To wrap things up, I wish I could know each of your specific needs and meet all of you with a smile tomorrow, or a yellow sticky-note (for the last week, I've been putting a new quote on the front door each day with a quote, and if you know me pretty well, you know that if you get a note on a yellow piece of paper, it was probably me.)but I will probably bump into a few of you, if that who are reading this post. But still, if you don't hear it from anyone else tomorrow, I need you to know that I know you are destined for greatness. You were chosen to be on the earth at this time, and you are needed right now, more than ever. Remember, that He tries those He loves, and he sees more in you than you can ever possibly see. However, please try to see it. It will not come instantly, but as you begin to let your heart try to know, you will begin to notice that how you see and feel about yourself will come more in line with how our Heavenly Father and Savior feel about and see in, us. We are divine beings, living among others who are learning and growing in mortality just like us. 
We can't rescue all, but we can be that person that rescues the one. If you are that one, don't lose hope. Hope is a funny thing, because the world can take everything of this earth from us, but it can never take our hope. 
I hope I can bump into you tomorrow, but if it doesn't happen, know that you are in my prayers. I have no idea what you're going though but He does, and He never left. He is right there, with you.
He loves you, and I love you, and with that, 
Goodnight,
Tayler
(On my way back to school, in Idaho)

No comments:

Post a Comment