When I got up this morning I was crossing my fingers that I had slept most of it off, but to my dismay that hadn't happened so I essentially began preparing for war on whatever I have. I was going to make my mom's chicken noodle soup, but then I thought about how I have so many neglected cookbooks on my book shelf, and thought I would go for an adventure--you have to do something even if you aren't feeling that great. So, I found a recipe, made my grocery list, and headed to the store. I am one of those people who actually really enjoys grocery shopping, and believes every romantic comedy should start in the produce section. ;) (maybe not all.......but some. )
So besides the fact that I didn't feel good, it was good to get out, and a rather pleasant trip to the grocery store. I grabbed lemons for hot lemon and honey, tea that I've been downing by the hour, ginger(which happened to be on sale, another little blessing) to soak in to try to get the toxins out of my system, and everything to make a crock-pot style chicken noodle soup. I wasn't kidding when I said that I am declaring war on whatever this is. Finally, I got to the register, and my day was made. First, the cashier was a super tall and thin college guy with an extremely deep voice--just a very cool and collected guy. I beat him to asking me about my day, by asking how his had been, and then he proceeded to scan all my groceries, until he got to the last item, put in on the scale, paused for a moment, puzzled, and said, "these aren't beets, are they?" I tried not to chuckle, and said "no, I am pretty sure they're turnips." The poor guy looked all over his cheat-sheet to find the code, as I continued to say that people probably didn't come and buy turnips very often. He finally found it, and soon I was off and on my way. I got to the car and actually laughed, because the combination of his voice, and the sincerity of having to ask what it was, was priceless--Really though, who cares if you can tell a turnip from a beet. I am honestly grateful that there are moments like that--as simple as that--that can be so entertaining. I'm grateful for the ability to laugh; There is nothing better than letting go of your worries for a moment, and laughing. :) (like when a girl asked me today if my glasses were actually real. ;)
Well, tomorrow marks the middle of the week, and I have decided that no matter what, every day is important, even if all we have are our tiny victories. Lots of Love,
Tayler



you are such a creative ,talented ,amazing and beautiful big sis and no one can tell you otherwise. can you believe there are only four more months and schools out and I'm going to paaaaarrrrtaaaay! HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON!
ReplyDeleteLOVE,Sophdoph:)
HHEEEYYYY!!!! You MADE my LIFE!! Seriously almost cried when I read this--these are the kindest words I have heard in a long time. Watch the mailbox--there are more postcards where that came from ;) Love you tons, and can't wait to come home either!
DeleteLove, Tayler