Layers of my Blog:

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Daughter of a King

My heart is very full today. I came home a week ago from spending a week with my best friend, but as all trips do, it had to come to a close. While I was there, we were lucky enough to spend Sunday together. That morning I looked for a talk that I could play while I was getting ready. I found the talk from 2011: The Eternal Blessings of Marriage, by Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  ( I promise I'm not dropping hints....I have another chapter that is about to open first) Elder Scott's voice echoed in the bathroom, as I stood curling my hair at the vanity. I almost couldn't hold back a few tears as he said words that I will forever hold in my heart:

"I know what it is to love a daughter of Father in Heaven who with grace and devotion lived the full feminine splendor of her righteous womanhood."

I can't think of anything more beautiful: Living with grace and devotion the full feminine splendor of righteous womanhood. After pondering it a while, I thought of how different that would look at different stages of life, yet how it is all rooted in being daughters of our heavenly Father. There is no greater peace than that which comes with knowing you are His and he loves you. There is no greater joy than that which comes when you decide to follow him, and put your faith and trust in Him and His plan for you. He wants each of His daughters to live as Sister Scott did: with grace and devotion, the full feminine splendor of righteous womanhood. I hope it is safe to say that there are few forces greater than the faith and love of a righteous daughter of our heavenly Father. A daughter of the King: A princess.



My hope and prayer is that one day, one of Father in Heaven's righteous and worthy sons will be able to say that he too knows what it is to love a daughter of God like that--that I have lived, with grace and devotion, the full feminine splendor of my righteous womanhood.

I know that our heavenly Father has a plan for each and every one of us--He is in the very details of our lives. He knows us. He loves us. He sees our potential. Great things await you--you are needed on the earth at this time, to fulfill callings that only you can fill. Remember, you are a son or daughter of the King.

As always, with lots of Love,

Tayler



The Eternal Blessings of Marriage: Richard G, Scott

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/the-eternal-blessings-of-marriage?lang=eng#watch=video

No comments:

Post a Comment