You heard right! This crazy BYU cougar is going H<3ME!!! (at least for thanksgiving)
After some pretty stressful weeks of school, I am more than ready to go home for a few days.
There have definitely been some high and low points, and even some humorous spots as well.
Today's Highlights:
1. I bought long socks today :) Nothing like warm toes.
2. The maintenance guys were fixing the heater when I got home, so I have a very warm apartment now, and while we waited to make sure it worked, we had a lovely visit. Because they were practically over every other day at my old apartment, I try not to laugh when I find them in my apartment, and it's so normal just to say hi, chat a bit, and then have what ever was broken, all fixed up. They are sooo amazing, and always willing to come if I need anything at all. I'm pretty spoiled :)
3. When I went to get my socks, I was sitting at a light--more like dancing at the light--singing along with the radio. I just happened to look in my rear-view mirror, and to my surprise, horror, or whatever my reation should have been, I found the couple kissing.......and kissing.......and kissing.....while they were waiting for the light to turn. Texting and driving is.....illegal. Drinking and driving is....illegal. Kissing and driving.........(should be) VERY ILLEGAL. As a friend put it today, it's driving under the influence.
4. Dad and I went the The Wall and watched half of the BYU Basketball game, and had an awesome dinner. It's pretty funny when most people in there are on a date, and you are too--except it's a daddy-daughter date. That's like a double-score for Dad; he doesn't have to worry about me being out with a boy, and he gets time with me!!
5. Today is usually one of my temple-days, but the Provo temple is under renovations, so I thought I would still go up to the grounds, and maybe even catch a sunset in the process. Here you are! (for some reason, everything is a little washed out...but you can still see them)
Today was a pretty good day! I am very grateful for all of my many blessings.
It's not that I don't enjoy those nights when one roommate is skyping with her fiance in Chinese, while the other is on the phone talking to her boyfriend in Spanish, and the third is with her boyfriend (in person, and only speaking English) on the couch in the living room.....(which by process of elimination only leaves the bathroom quiet) but I'm ready to go home, most definitely.
So, in less than 24 hours I will be home :)
Lots of Love,
Tayler
P.S.
To-Do's while home:
1. Laugh long and hard with my family
2. Sit and just talk (my cat included)
3. Catch a sunset in the back of my brother's truck with him and two cups of hot chocolate
4. Count stars till I'm practically frozen (It is amazing that I have as many blessings as there are stars in the sky!)
5. Enjoy sleeping in a double bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. Take lots of pictures







No comments:
Post a Comment