I thought you could all use a good laugh this morning. Well, you may not find it funny, but my cousin and I were laughing ridiculously hard looking back last night. Allow me to take you back to the horrors of a first-semester freshman's life. (I had completely forgotten about this until my cousin brought it up last night. :) ) So, my cousin had just graduated that last semester and therefore wasn't taking any classes. But, on that first or second week of my college experience, she happened to be on campus to have lunch with someone--or something like that.
Now let's bounce over to me. Oh, I have to laugh as I type because there is probably a reason I forgot about this.....
But there I was, the first or second week of school, being a good student, sitting in DUH, DUH, DUH, DUUUUUMMMM!!!! American Heritage. Enough said. It's one thing to endure a lecture, but after sitting there for a good 15 minutes, it began to go down hill fast. It started with my jaw-line itching. Super weird, and super random, but it was more of a tingling, numbing, kind of itch. I thought to myself that that was pretty odd, especially because one side of my face was worse than the other. But I continued to sit there. Over the next five minutes, it went from tingling, and itching on just my jaw line, to burning, tingling, and hot as it crept all the way up to my scalp. Literally, my skin felt like it was on fire. I ran my hand across my face and my entire face was textured with massive bumps. As you can image, I was at this point a bit freaked out, so I made the call to walk out of the lecture and head to a bathroom expecting to find hives from Mars covering my entire head. After taking one look in the mirror, I was blown away to see.....nothing.
I had no clue how my skin could be so hot, burning so bad, and so bumpy, yet you couldn't even see anything. That's when my lovely cousin happens to be walking into the Wilk, while I am headed out. Believe me, it was divine intervention.
This is where the story gets funny though, and this was the part that I didn't even remember.
As you can imagine, I was a bit freaked out, and extremely uncomfortable--really though, my skin was on fire!!! So my cousin informed me last night that she saw me that day, and after she was like "Tayler!! How are you!!!" I guess the first thing that came out of my mouth, was...."my scalp is on fire." No emotion, just "my scalp is on fire." (This is where she and I were laughing ridiculously hard last night, because I don't really know if I could have come up with any other response possibly more awkward, random, and down right weird!) So my dear cousin then convinces me to let her drive me to wallgreens to pick up benedryl, and then home so I could jump in the shower.
Needless to say, after two showers and a good amount of benedryl it barely settled down, and I have lovely pictures from the next three days that it took for it to quit freaking out. After tons of oatmeal masks and scrubs, it was finally gone after a few weeks. Talk about a freshman's worst nightmare. Well, hopefully you maybe got at least a chuckle out of it, but either way, I am so greatful to be where I am now, and where my life is--though the stories are often entertaining down the road. :)
Have a wonderful Friday, and we'll talk to you this weekend! :)
Love, Tayler
P. S. Before I leave, here is the quote of the day!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment