Layers of my Blog:

Saturday, October 18, 2014

25 Things on my Mind

It is coming quickly! 25 days, and I will be reporting to the MTC, and starting my adventure as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. (Here's the countdown :) )

It really doesn't quite sink in at times....



With that said, my brain is all over the place at some points, so here are the....

25 Things On My Mind:
1. This really can't be happening--I've dreamt of this moment for such a long time. The Lord's timing is always in our best interest.
2. I am going to miss my family A LOT. Being the oldest, it's like going off to Kindergarten all by myself, all over again! However, I don't need to worry about my family, because The Lord is aware, and He can do much more for them, than I could ever even attempt. He knows what they need far better than I do.
3. North Carolina. That's the South, Right? There's no way I'll pick up the accent........y'all??
4. Oh humidity. There's Cold, and then there's wet-cold. But if you're from Montana, this can't be bad. (I really have no clue.)
5. I may actually be grateful that I have had a (crazy) roommate, because I'm about to have some full-time sisters. :)
6.  8 shirts X 8 skirts = 64 combos, in theory. :)
7. Days may be long, but months are going to fly!
8. I am not a super savvy with my scriptures--I can't quote much off the top of my head..... Thank goodness we devote so much time to study in the field.
9. I love Preach My Gospel :)
10.  I am SO excited to go to the temple--Covenants (Sacred promises between ourselves and God)are the most powerful blessings, and there is no place like the temple.
11. I can't wait for the MTC! It's a once-in-a-lifetime deal.
12. This whole mission is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
13. What happens when I get back? BYU will still be there, thank goodness!! :)
14. I am SO grateful for two incredible home-wards (church congregations).
15. I really like letters--love letters, I mean, LOVE letters......I mean I guess I love, love-letters too......just give me 18 months. :)
16. I'm packing lipstick--not to wear, but to seal my family letters with a kiss;)
17. I think I'm going to make a midnight-snack in a moment. That privilege will be removed temporarily, in the near future....
18. I will be one of 88,000, full-time missionaries. Still, there are specific people, that each one will touch. How could this not be the Lord's work?

19.      
20.        Then there are many other things that fill my mind, but the last few are
21.              all quieted by this: He Knows Me.
22.
23.        I haven't sat down to blog about what it was like (though I will before I leave)
24.          to open my call, and the following 24 hours, but right know I will say that
25.          I have a testimony that He knows us personally--He created us, and plans we
                   can't even comprehend. We MUST trust. If that is one thing I have learned
                    during this mission-process, it is to trust in His timing, His wisdom,
                    His word, and the personal, sacred covenants we make with Him, 
                     throughout our lives.  He lives, He is the Christ, and He loves you. 

Soon to be, 

Sister Knudsen

No comments:

Post a Comment