Layers of my Blog:

Sunday, October 5, 2014

I Tackled a Taco Today.

After some crazy traveling I made it in time to have my wisdom teeth taken out on Friday afternoon. Well, it was a tad painful, but I am proud to say that I was able to consume a full-size soft-taco between the two sessions of conference. :) I got thinking about this a little, how perspective is so very different for each person, and throughout out lives. I know I have o be careful to keep others perspectives in mind. Normally, I would feel very silly proclaiming that I was able to eat an entire taco, but when you have your wisdom teeth out, and a very swollen face, it is a feat to be proud of. :)

Also, though on painkillers, I was able to (barely) stay awake for General Conference, as time and again the speakers said words that my heart needed to hear. I'm pretty exhausted so I'm going to keep it short, but as the Mormon tabernacle choir sang "Count Your Blessings," I thought of how many things we can be grateful for. We have living prophets to guide and teach us, families to be part of, and the opportunity to come to this earth and experience all of the joys, pains, and blessings of this life. But above all, we have temples, where we can go to make sacred covenants with our Heavenly Father, to help us return home to him.

Have a wonderful Sunday evening,

Tayler

No comments:

Post a Comment