Layers of my Blog:

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11:11 11/11 Make a Wish!

Wow, I can honestly say that I had a wonderful birthday!

I started off this morning by making some very delicious pumpkin french-toast. (orange toast even though you can't tell from the photo)


Then I was off to classes in my orange coat that screams "me." :)


And just because it was my birthday, I decided to get a bright orange Jamba Juice--the guy working at the register got a funny little smirk when I told him my name. He must have a pretty amazing Tayle/or in his life. :) (usually I would have thought that his name was Taylor too, but he had a name tag on, and his name is, in fact, John. )


At 11:11 AM today I made the craziest and biggest wish I have ever made. It was as follows....
and you thought I was actually going to tell you. ;) It won't come true if I tell anyone, so you are all out of luck on this 11th day of the 11th month. 

Out of the blue, I had the chance to catch up with an old friend from elementary school and middle school. She and I were blown away when we realized we've known each other for nine years!! (this is Jessica and I a year and a half ago. She is on the far right, and I am the last girl on the left.) Feels like just yesterday we were ridding the school bus together to 4th grade!!


After school and spending time with my dad, I headed out to family home evening at our bishop's house. We had chili and baked potatoes, and then someone had to mention it was my birthday, so everyone sang and I blew out the candle on my brownie and ice-cream. After an amazing lesson on using time wisely and self mastery, we said "family" prayer and headed back home. 

I quickly changed into my favorite pajamas, ditched the contacts and after my super-sweet roommates brought out a pancake-cake for me, with a candle on top, participated in an absolutely hilarious debate over what the giant bug in our kitchen was. Three of us spent 30 minutes explaining that the thing was a "mosquito Hawk", but it wasn't a "mosquito." Because of the language barriers (Chinese, Spanish, and English) we had all sorts of sound effects in hopes of getting our own points across. 
Of course school is stressful, and there have been a lot of big decisions to make, but when I got up this morning, I decided that today was going to be a good, worry-free day, and it really was a practically-perfect birthday.
The highlight of my day was receiving two beautiful cards--one from each of my parents. They most certainly pulled at my heart strings a bit. There were so many friends who did the most meaningful things today--Thank you so much!! It is odd to not be home on your birthday. 

On that note, (no pun intended) I'd like to put my day to music for you, with three of my favorite songs. Enjoy! 
Lots of Love, 
Tayler




And for the grand finale: Just in time, for my second and last wish of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment