Layers of my Blog:

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Tomorrow Is a New Day

Well, I had a blog post all typed out, then my internet connection cut and I lost it. Pretty much I talked about how crazy today was and how I ran to the testing center to find that I didn't have my ID, so I ran all the way back home and again to the testing center, just to take a crazy nutrition exam. But, afterwards I was able to go the the BYU vs. Idaho basketball game, and believe me I actually screamed and shouted for the cougars. It was good to temporarily drop the grades at the door, and yell about something other than what I truly wanted to yell about.

In regards to school, I can use all the help I can get, so when I had to go buy shampoo, I thought this was probably my best option:
Anything Helps!

I have to say though, that I am so very blessed. Remember the counting your blessings post/clip?

So instead of sheep here are my blessings:

1. I have a family that truly cares about me

2. I have been blessed with a body that allows me to walk and run and function
3. I was born into a family that lives the gospel
4. I live in America

5. I was accepted to Brigham Young University
6. I live 5 minutes from a temple
7. I am very unique

8. I have a healthy, working, mind
9. I am extremely creative (to the point that I sometimes wish I could just shut it off so I can sleep)

10. I am grateful highschool wasn't easy--I learned a lot

11. My parents make it possible--financially--to attend college
12. If I every needed something, I have several people close by that I could call
13. I may need glasses, but I am in no way, shape, or form, blind
14. Someone thought of hot chocolate
15. No matter what, there is always a sunset. Every day. No exceptions.

16. Someday I get the opportunity to start a family of my own
17. I have a calling as the first counselor in the Relief Society
18. Technology allows us to talk to people far away
19. We have to eat--therefore we have to cook :)

20. Preisthood power is an incredible thing, and I am SO blessed to be surrounded by those worthy to have that sacred responsibility
21. I can laugh. Not just physically as in my vocal folds haven't called it quits, but that every day there is something that makes me giggle. (today it was the brilliant brunette... :)  )
22. Music
23. Singing--it is amazing how we can change our emotions by just singing and letting it out.
24. Internet--this whole blog thing wouldn't work very well without it
25. Cameras!! It is beyond remarkable how we can hold onto memories through photos

26. Mugs--everything tastes better--cereal, rice, soup, mashed potatoes, salad....ect.--in a mug
27. Books--there is so much to learn, and things to realize
28. Hugs. It is beyond crazy what a meaningful, real, hug, from someone you know loves you, can do for your soul
29. Dancing--getting swept off your feet never hurts.
30. Clean sheets that smell like the clothesline. I call it a transporter-smell. If I wouldn't look like a total weirdo at my apartment, I would find a way to hang my sheets out to dry, because there is nothing in this world like the smell of clean sheet off the line. I literally would probably wake up wondering why I wasn't home. Actually, there are days I do that already....


When I stop to count, I have to say that life is pretty amazing, and I am BEYOND blessed. I'm still learning all the ins and outs of dancing in the rain, but I'm getting there.
Good morning, and lots of love,
Tayler


No comments:

Post a Comment