Layers of my Blog:

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Chemistry with the Guy in the Striped Sweater

After a few crazy weeks of college, a friend explained the secret of success to me. Basically, the trick to this part of life is balancing school, social, and sleep. I thought that seemed difficult but straightforward. Then came the kicker:
           And if you can do all three, then you must be a Jedi. So pretty much you have to decide right off the bat which one you are willing to sacrifice. 
(This is when the super scary and suspenseful organ music starts playing, and your heart starts pounding, and your head is spinning, and......)
Long story short I balance school and sleep. 
So, let me now take you to the BYU Library. It is November the 2nd, a Saturday, roughly 9:45pm and I am headed to my recently-usual spot. On a mission to knock out some studying I pass by The Guy in the Striped Sweater, sitting on one of the couches. The only reason I even take notice that he is there, is because I have a sweater almost exactly like it. (no really it was almost funny, because he was a little bit taller than my, brunette, and wearing pretty much the same sweater my brother out grew and gave to me....
Thinking nothing else of it, I proceed to my study spot. (This is the point at which the chemistry starts coming.....)
Oh yes, over the next two hours I pound out a chapter and a half of chemistry I had yet to touch since that night. I was on a roll and in the zone as my peripherals picked up some familiar black and grey stripes coming in on my right. (NOTE: I am sitting on the outside side, left-hand corner of my table. There are maybe 8 people scattered over about 100 tables. ) Oh yes, The Guy comes and sits at the table next to me, on the outside side, left-hand corner. For the next 30 minutes I study and if I would slightly turn my head towards him, he would quickly look over at me to see what I was doing. Maybe this is what library flirting looks like, but I (remember, I am not a Jedi...) just kept studying, and paid no attention. Maybe it was a last stitch effort, but after those 30 minutes, The Guy then moved all the way across the room, but straight across from me. So I had to look at him? Maybe? The world will never know. 
Anyway, after 10 ish minutes, he left. Just like that, and the Guy in the Striped Sweater was gone, yet the chemistry remained. There, in my textbook, on the table. 
Oh College, oh college. What am I going to do with you?

Love you all, 

Tayler 

No comments:

Post a Comment