Layers of my Blog:

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Everything But the Kitchen Sink......wait, does a bathroom sink count??

Oh my goodness!! The last 24 hours have been pretty insane but totally fun at the same time. Let me first off introduce you to a fellow foodie of mine. This is Bryan.
I am sure you are all just dying to know why on earth we are taking a selfie (is that how I would go about spelling that term??) in a parking garage. Well, this is no ordinary parking garage--you are looking at the building-entry level of the parking garage leading into the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in Salt Lake City.

Wait! I have another introduction to make. Do you know who this is?


This tall, kind, gentleman is Elder L. Tom Perry, one of the quorum of the twelve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

The reason Bryan and I found ourselves taking a photo at that specific spot in the parking garage, was due to the fact that the last time we were standing there, we both had the chance to shake Elder Perry's hand!! While heading towards the doors, he had been making his way out to the parking garage, when we happened to be going right past him. He had a few people with him, but stopped and turned to us, looked us in the eye and shook our hands.
If the night had ended after that, we would have been more than ecstatic!

But, then there was chocolate. A LOT of chocolate.

Still in shock from just shaking a general authority's hand, we made our way to the Confectionery Night by the Guitard company. I have to say that neither of us had any clue what the night was going to look like. We figured out pretty quick though when the reps and chemists from Guitard started giving their presentations of the process and make-up of chocolate.
Allow me to introduce to you the next up-and-coming chocolate connoisseurs! (Bryan has a head start on me due to the fact he's been in Russia for the last two years, but I'm feeling pretty confident after being thoroughly educated last night. I even found myself sitting at a friend's kitchen table afterwards, explaining--while the box of chocolates you see me holding below was being consumed by the three of us-girls--the process of fermenting cocoa or coco.)
Yup--we're food geeks!

Needless to say, we learned a ton, and when we were asked what company we were from (we must have looked at least a bit professional...) we just replied that we were with BYU. Being a college student is a beautiful thing sometimes.

So, after starting to feel the effects of the acumlating caffine in our blood streams, we headed out-- full of chocolate and chocolate knowledge. Did you know that chocolate can bloom? Do you know what liqueur in the chocolate world is? Mind-blown. Or how about the size of the micro-particles that are essentially buffed and polished to achieve the smoothness that you then enjoy? I'm not kidding when I say that we learned sooooo much!

After an awesome time of eating crazy kinds and amounts of chocloate, and laughing about it the whole way home, we headed back and said goodnight. The End.....wait! I forgot the sink!!!

We're still within the 24 hour block this story is covering. :)



First, my day today was amazing--I went to the temple with two amazing friends, made Mediterranean pitas for lunch, and then went to a movie with my cousin. Yep, I got to go watch this guy for two hours. :)

But, because my life is so unpredictable and entertaining, my heart has to stop (figuratively) at least once in a 24-hour amount of time. I found myself getting ready this evening to go to the movie with my cousin. Needless to say, I opened the ring box that has two sets of earrings that used to belong to my great-grandmother. I open the box and to my horror, one of the earrings pops out, bounces once on the counter, and lands straight in the sink drain!!! My. Heart. Stopped.
I called my dad, and his reaction was, "don't turn the sink on, and grab one of the guys across the breezeway!" So....I call one of my friends, and within 5 minutes, she and her engineer boyfriend were over, taking my sink apart. After a few minutes, we found it!! AHHH! I was sooooo beyond relieved, but I just have to laugh at the fact that it would happen to me! :)


Well, that's enough for today, and I am beyond exhausted!
So, with lots of love,

Tayler



No comments:

Post a Comment