Layers of my Blog:

Sunday, November 24, 2013

My New Love

I have had a wonderful whirl-wind weekend! It was filled with the BYU Synthesis concert--which was absolutely beyond incredible--guitar and ukulele, church meetings, roommate rewrites of songs, a thanksgiving family dinner, and country dancing.

Let me start it off with the fact that every time I moved my arms today, my shoulders were sort-of grumpy. All day, I was wondering,"what on earth could I have done to my shoulders?" Then about an hour ago, it was like BAM!! I remembered that I went country dancing with guys who are incredibly skilled at leading, and I was spinning and dipping and whirling through moves I didn't even know were possible.  Let's just say that I could feel it today.
But in regards to dancing, I had the time of my life! I was in my long jeans and cowboy boots as the guys sent me whirling this way, then spun me that way--it was one of the greatest feelings in the world.
I definitely haven't danced much, at least it has been a very long time, but they were pretty patient and didn't let me apologize for not knowing exactly how to do everything. Quite frankly I can't tell you specific steps or moves that we did, but all I know is we danced, and we were flying across the floor!
I have to say one of my favorite parts was that all that was played was country music--good, country music--and half the people in there (myself included) were wearing their boots! At one point, I stood looking out over all of the people paired up on the wood floor, as they all danced differently, focused only on their partner, it was as if none of them had a care in the world. They pretty much dropped all of their worries at the door. I definitely needed that too.
I really need to just go to bed, but long-story-short, I think I fell in love this weekend, and he goes by the name of country swing.

Goodnight, and lots of love,
Tayler
(This is what was playing when we all walked in :) )

And these are just two of my favorites:

I danced this one with a Texan who told me (after I apologized for not being the best dancer) to never apologize for something like dancing, and that people "up-here" apologize way too much! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment