Well, all I have to say is that life often-times feels like it is spinning out of control, and almost too hard to keep going. I have faith though, that we truly are part of the great plan of happiness; which was created out of love for us, by our Heavenly Father.
Even though I have had so many things on my mind today, it has been absolutely beautiful. To start off, we had stake conference, and all of the speakers did an incredible job. The stake president talked about how trials often (if not always) put us where we need to be. Not getting a certain job, or acceptance into a school are often a means of getting us to where we need to be in order to learn and grow closer to God.
After conference I went back to the closest place to home, and sat on a bench and just thought about life and took a second to breathe.
Once I got back to my apartment, my roommate's home teachers showed up, and I just listened as I made pumpkin bread in the kitchen. It is incredible to hear the genuine concern they have for her, and my heart was touched as they read scriptures together, and talked about the strength you gain from regular scripture study. After they left, she was glowing--knowing that her home teachers took the time to come and see her, and that they truly cared for her.
I little while later, my home teachers showed up, and we sat and talked--getting to know one another. Again, it was incredible to me that they were actually interested in my life, and the trials that come with it. They left with a lesson about trusting, and stepping back to stop and see the miracles that life brings even though it is hard to see them through the trials. Again, I was so impressed with the spirit they brought, and their diligence in being home teachers.
Maybe the best part of my day was about 15 minutes, tops, but before ward prayer, I called home to see what everyone was up to, and I ended up having family scripture study with everyone. They left me on speaker-phone, and I listened as they went around, taking turns reading in Jacob. There is power in the scriptures, and there is even more power in a family, when they are studying the scriptures together.
Have a wonderful Monday!!
Lots of Love,
Tayler


Amen Tayler! thanks for sharing-----great pics and writing! :)
ReplyDeleteSo I have a confession, I jumped on my blogger account, and it said that there was a comment, and I thought, what?!! Really?!? People are actually reading my stuff??
Delete:) Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed it--I feel like we are always in need of reminders that life will somehow be ok, and not to be too hard on ourselves. Love Ya!